Chili Lime Salmon and fresh Peach Salsa are quite a delicious and nutritious duo!
In addition to being insanely nutritious and delicious, this recipe is quick to make and appealing to the eye. It’s so colorful and perfect for summer!
If you’ve never cooked fresh salmon before, this recipe is for you! My go-to cooking method for salmon is baking it in a foil pack. It helps to keep the moisture locked in so the fish doesn’t dry out and it allows the salmon to absorb all of the delicious flavors, such as the tasty chili and lime combination in this particular recipe I’m sharing today. So.stinkin.good!
Why did I choose Chili Lime Salmon when there are countless ways to flavor salmon?
Good question! So I was inspired to create this recipe when my Instagram friend (yes, you really can make friends on Instagram – like genuine friendships), Clara from @FoodFitnessandFaith, who also happens to be a Registered Dietitian, shared with me her ridiculously tasty Peach Salsa recipe. I instantly thought to myself, “what could I pair this with?”
The first thing that came to mind was Chili Lime Salmon. And I’m sure glad I went with it because it turned out fabulously and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Make the Peach Salsa the day before.
Doing so will allow the flavors to really set in and it will also speed up the time to make the entire meal the next day. In fact, by making the Peach Salsa the day before, you’ll be able to have dinner on the table in less than 30-minutes. Woot! We love quick and easy meals! More time to spend outside, with friends and family, or simply relaxing.
This Peach Salsa takes my Chili Lime Salmon to another level!
It surely does. The Peach Salsa is fresh, flavorful, has amazing texture, and everything is better with avocado! Am I right? 🙂
And ps: it’s quite the perfect summer time snack when served with blue corn chips! Who doesn’t love chips and salsa?!
And now a special thanks to Clara for creating this recipe and also for sharing her passion and knowledge on her blog and Instagram feed! Friends, be sure to follow Clara for healthy meal ideas, recipes, amazing energy, good vibes, and endless inspiration! She’s awesome!
Head on over to Clara’s blog to get the Peach Salsa recipe.
So the Peach Salsa sounds good but what if I don’t like Salmon? Okay okay. If salmon just isn’t your thing, while I encourage you to try it because it’s a very nutritiously dense food, the other option is to substitute it with cod or mahi-mahi or heck, chicken would work too.
For more info on the benefits of salmon as well as purchasing quality salmon, click here.
This recipe is paleo-friendly, Whole30-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Are you ready to give Chili Lime Salmon with Peach Salsa a try?
Add it to your menu and make extras for leftovers because it will taste great in a salad the next day!
- 1-1¼ lb. wild-caught Alaskan salmon fillet
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups fresh peach salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place salmon on a large piece of foil on a baking sheet.
- With a paper towel, pat the salmon fillet to absorb excess moisture.
- Top the salmon with the chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Next squeeze the lime juice and drizzle the oil evenly over the salmon.
- With hands or rubber spatula, gently spread the ingredients so the entire salmon fillet is evenly coated. Top with fresh cilantro.
- Fold up the edges of the foil, cover the salmon and seal.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until center flakes with a fork. Then, remove top foil and turn oven to broil. Broil for 2-3 minutes. Watch closely.
- While salmon is in the oven, make the Peach Salsa.
- When salmon is done, take out of oven and remove from the foil. The skin will likely remain on the foil.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with fresh peach salsa.
I want to hear! What’s your favorite way to cook salmon?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.