- 1 Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- 3 strips Applegate No Sugar Uncured Bacon, cut into ¼–½ inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes (~2 cups)
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 small zucchini, sliced or diced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced or diced
- 1–2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp. dried), optional
- 4 Applegate Chicken & Apple Sausages, sliced (¼-inch slices)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet or pan, heat ½ Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, add cubed sweet potato, Brussels sprouts and bacon. Dash with salt and pepper and sauté for about 12 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding additional ghee or oil as needed.
- Next to the pan, add the zucchini, red pepper, onions, sausage and optional thyme. Sauté for 10-12 minutes or until sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are cooked through. Again, adding additional ghee or oil as needed.
- Serve just as it is or you can serve it over top of greens and with a fried egg on top.
Prep: Make recipe as written. Cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply add a serving to a pan over medium-high heat and sauté until fully reheated.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g