- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (such as NOW Organic Maple Syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (such as Nutiva)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free such as Bob’s Red Mill Oats, if needed)
- 1/3 cup quinoa (or an additional 1/3 cup oats)
- 1 cup raw pecans*, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cherries or cranberries (such as Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Dried Cherries)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, and pecans.
- Pour maple syrup mixture over the oat and nut mixture and using a large spoon or spatula, stir well to evenly coat everything.
- Spread granola in prepared pan and bake in 325°F oven for 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes while baking to prevent granola from burning.
- Remove pan to cooling rack to cool – stirring occasionally.
- When granola is completely cooled, stir in dried fruit and transfer to a lidded container for storage.
- Keeps up to 1 month in the pantry or 3 months in the freezer.
*Omit for Nut-free option and replace with sunflower seeds.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g