- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight*
- 2/3 cup jarred roasted peppers (+ 2–3 Tbsp. of the juice)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (such as Simply Organic) or pizza seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (such as Simply Organic)
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (such as Simply Organic)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Wash the kale and pat dry.
- Remove the stems by tearing kale off into large, palm-sized leaves and place in a large bowl. Discard the stems or add them to smoothies.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, make the cheese sauce by processing the remaining ingredients (not the kale) together until smooth. This may take a few minutes and you may need to scrape the sides of your food processor or blender during this step. The sauce will be thick.
- Add the sauce to the bowl of kale leaves and massage kale and sauce together until leaves are evenly coated.
- Single layer the kale leaves on two large baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour. Flip and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until dry and crispy.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
*To soak the cashews. Place 2 cups of cashews in a bowl. Add enough water to the bowl to cover the cashews. Allow to soak overnight or for at least 4 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 320 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g