- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half-moons or spiralized (I used the ribbon setting)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (~1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Tessemae’s Balsamic Vinaigrette* (add more to taste)
- Black pepper
- Gather all of the ingredients and prepare veggies.
- For the spiralized or sliced zucchini, pat dry with paper towels to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Next, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Toss and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with additional fresh basil and a pinch or two of black pepper.
*To make homemade balsamic vinaigrette: Combine 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil, 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning plus salt and pepper, to taste.
Storing: To store this salad, place leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prep: This salad holds together well. You may prepare it the day before it’s on your menu.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g