For the Burger Bowl:
- 1 lb. ground beef (may substitute ground turkey or bison)
- 8 ounces leafy greens of choice (about 8 cups)
- Burger toppings of choice: Pickles, onions, tomatoes, cheese, crisp-cooked bacon, etc.
- Optional: Oven-roasted sweet potato wedges or frozen French fries
For the Special Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. diced pickles (may substitute pickle relish)
- 2 tsp. dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, until no longer pink. Drain, if desired.
- While the ground beef is cooking, divide the lettuce among 4 bowls.
- Make the Special Sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and stirring to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Top each bowl of lettuce with desired toppings then drizzle with Special Sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4th burger + sauce (other toppings not included)
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 25g