Oven-baked, easy to make and the perfect game day food for all to enjoy! These Buffalo Chicken Strips with Buffalo Ranch Dip are a healthy, Whole30-friendly and delicious alternative to the popular boneless buffalo wings.
This post was created in collaboration with our friends at The New Primal
Game day food at its finest.
Whether you’re a football fan or not, there’s something quite cozy and enjoyable about staying in on a Sunday and tuning into a football game. Maybe it’s the tasty appetizers, maybe it’s because you’re a true fan (or your state’s team is doing good so why not jump on the bandwagon? #guilty) or maybe it’s because it’s the perfect excuse to chill out and be lazy for a change. Whatever category you fall into, these Buffalo Chicken Strips with Buffalo Ranch Dip will make a great addition to your football Sunday menu.
Also, perfect for holiday gatherings and parties.
OK, so maybe you’re not a football fan AT ALL. That’s totally fine. These Buffalo Chicken Strips with Buffalo Ranch Dip are also perfect for serving at upcoming holiday gatherings and parties…or game nights or date nights – the list goes on. In my family, anything buffalo is a winner! AND now that I think of it, some of the most popular recipes on this blog are buffalo flavored. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Cauliflower Buffalo Bites and Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings to name a few. So there’s a good chance, you’re a buffalo fan, too!
Serve ’em up for an easy weeknight dinner, too!
Buffalo Chicken Strips with Buffalo Ranch Dip also make for a hell of a dinner if ya ask my husband! He’s been my taste tester with this recipe so he’s enjoyed them a number of times for dinner during the past couple of weeks. Like every night this past week! He has some pretty high standards when it comes to buffalo chicken – his favorite food.
To make these Buffalo Chicken Strips super kid-friendly, you could omit the cayenne, leave them naked and serve them with ketchup or ranch for dipping. I recommend serving them with your family’s favorite veggie to make for an easy and well-balanced weeknight dinner that takes less than 3o minutes to make.
Made with The New Primal Buffalo sauce.
What makes these Buffalo Chicken Strips so darn delicious is not only the homemade seasoned breading, but also The New Primal Buffalo Sauce. It’s all about the sauce! The New Primal Buffalo Sauce is Whole30-friendly, made with only real food ingredients, has the perfect consistency/viscosity and comes in three levels of heat – Mild (also available on Amazon), Medium and Hot. Buffalo Chicken Strips are gently tossed in the sauce after baking and the sauce is also added to our homemade ranch to make for the most delicious dip.Oven-baked, easy to make – the perfect game day food for all to enjoy! Buffalo Chicken Strips with Buffalo Ranch Dip are a healthy, @Whole30 friendly & delicious alternative to popular boneless buffalo wings. Click To Tweet
Don’t forget the Buffalo Ranch Dip!
The Buffalo Ranch Dip that I’ve included in the recipe, is totally worth the 5 minutes it takes to make it. Chicken strips are simply not complete without something to dip them in. And that’s exactly why I whipped up this Buffalo Ranch Dip using our Homemade Ranch. For ease and convenience, you could also use a bottled ranch of your choosing. Not only is this Buffalo Ranch Dip the perfect accompaniment to the Buffalo Chicken Strips, but it’s also tasty as a salad dressing, for dipping roasted or raw veggies, and for making chicken or egg salad. The options really are endless for all of you Buffalo lovers.
- 1¼ lbs. chicken breast tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne (optional – omit for less heat or sub paprika)
- 2/3 cup The New Primal Buffalo Sauce (divided)
- 3/4 cup homemade ranch (may sub pre-made ranch of choosing)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine the flours, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and optional cayenne.
- With a paper towel, pat the chicken breast tenders dry and place on a plate.
- Make an assembly line with the ingredients in this order. Chicken, egg wash, breading and pan.
- Dunk the chicken tenders into the egg wash, let excess egg drip off before coating the chicken tender generously with breading (really press the breading onto the chicken to make sure it sticks). For a thicker breading, you can repeat the egg wash and breading step once more. Set breaded chicken tenders on the pan and repeat.
- Spray breaded chicken tenders with olive oil spray. This will help them brown up.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip carefully and bake for another 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of chicken tenders. For extra crisp, broil for 1-2 minutes (watch closely).
- While chicken strips are in the oven, make the Buffalo Ranch Dip by mixing 3/4 cup of ranch with 2 Tbsp. Buffalo Sauce. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- When chicken strips are done baking, remove from oven and let set for 3-4 minutes on pan.
- Then, drizzle with Buffalo Sauce to your liking and brush to coat.
- Place on a serving dish and serve with Buffalo Ranch Dip, carrots, and celery.
Pan-fry for extra crispy Buffalo Chicken Strips. Coat pan liberally with oil. Once oil is hot, add breaded chicken tenders. May need to reduce heat to prevent burning. Cook chicken on both sides for 3-6 minutes. Time will depend on how thick chicken tenders are. Once done, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and then drizzle and gently toss with Buffalo Sauce to your liking.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (2-3 strips) - no dressing
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 730 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g
Pin now, make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at The New Primal. Although we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always -100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.