- 2 Tbsp. butter or ghee, divided*
- 3 Tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce*
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos*
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper*
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (~ 5 oz.) cooked chicken, cubed
- 8 whole eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the wells of a 12 cup muffin pan or line with silicone baking cups for the easiest removal.
- To make buffalo sauce: In a small saucepan, melt 1 ½ Tbsp. ghee. Whisk in hot sauce, coconut aminos and cayenne pepper until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining ½ Tbsp. butter or ghee. Sauté bell pepper and onions until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add spinach, cooked chicken and buffalo sauce to peppers and onions. Stir to combine.
- Divide vegetable and chicken mixture evenly among wells of the muffin pan.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes until eggs are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and serve.
*May substitute ¼ cup of a pre-made Buffalo sauce such as The New Primal or Tessemae’s for 1 ½ Tbsp. ghee + hot sauce + aminos + cayenne.
- Serving Size: 3 muffins
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 676mg
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g