- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 strips bacon, cooked to crisp & chopped (such as Applegate)
- 1/3 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 3 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped (may substitute green onion)
- 1/4–1/3 cup mayo (such as homemade or Primal Kitchen)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Butter lettuce or leaf lettuce
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve egg salad tucked in a crisp lettuce leaf or on top of salad greens. Garnish with fresh chives and crisp bacon bits.
For the perfect hard-boiled egg, fill a pot with water and dash of salt. Bring the water to boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down but keep the water at a rolling boil. Add the eggs carefully with a slotted spoon. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Once time is up, pour out the hot water. Fill the pot with ice water and let set for 10 minutes. Drain the water. Peel just before eating or adding to a recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g