For the Salsa
- 1 (15 oz.) can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (15 oz.) can of organic yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2–3 roma tomatoes, diced (~1 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced (~¾ cup) (I use ½ green & ½ red)
- ½ small red onion, diced (~½ cup)
- 1/3–1/2 cup cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
Chile Lime Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. organic honey (may sub maple syrup for vegan-friendly)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin (such as Simply Organic)
- ½ tsp. chili powder (such as Simply Organic)
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes (such as Simply Organic)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over salsa ingredients. Gently toss until dressing is distributed evenly.
- Serve with organic blue corn chips or with any Mexican-inspired meal.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe (~1/2 cup)
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g