For the Aioli:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (Egg-free or Primal Kitchen brand)
- 1 ½ tsp. sriracha sauce
- For the Burger:
- 1 lb. ground bison (or grass-fed beef)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
- 4 red onion rings
- 4 dill pickle spears
- Lettuce leaves or gluten-free buns for serving
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place ground bison in bowl with garlic, salt and pepper. Mix gently with your hands or a spoon to combine. Divide meat mixture into 4 pieces and shape into patties about ¼-inch thick
- When grill is hot, place burgers and over direct heat. Cook 4-5 minutes or until burger is browned and is grilled marked. Flip and continue cooking an additional 5-6 minutes (for medium well) or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place pineapple rings on grill over direct heat and cook similarly to burgers. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the rings.
- Remove burgers and pineapple rings to a clean plate and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- To serve burgers, top 4 gluten-free hamburger buns or lettuce wraps with each of the 4 burgers and pineapple rings. Top with red onion rings, lettuce (if using buns) and sriracha aioli.
- Serve with pickle spears and Jackson’s Honest potato chips of choice.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Nourished Recipes so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 burger with lettuce wrap
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 902mg
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g