- 4–5 cups chopped kale (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3–4 strips no-sugar bacon, cooked and chopped (such as Applegate)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup Tessemae’s Ranch dressing
- 3 Tbsp. Tessemae’s BBQ sauce
- Optional – 2 green onions (whites and green parts), chopped
- In a mason jar combine the Tessemae’s Ranch and BBQ sauce. Place lid on tightly and shake the mason jar until dressing is mixed well. Set aside.
- To toast the almonds, place a small pan over medium heat. Add the almonds, toss often until nice and toasty and golden brown. Watch closely and adjust heat as needed to avoid burning the almonds.
- To shred the Brussels sprouts, trim ends and slice thinly with a sharp knife. You may also use a food processor or purchase Brussels sprouts pre-shredded.
- In a large serving bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients (except for the optional green onions and if you wish 2 Tbsp. of sliced almonds for adding to top).
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
- Garnish with green onions and sliced almonds if you wish.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipes (~1 cup)
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g