- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. cooking oil or ghee (avocado oil, coconut oil or olive oil)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup Whole30-compliant barbecue sauce (such as Tessemae’s or The New Primal)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or ghee (may use butter if you don’t need them to be Whole30)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ground beef in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to ground beef. Add barbecue sauce, sea salt, pepper and dried thyme. Using your hands or a spoon, mix well to combine.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among 12 wells of a muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- While meatloaves are baking, steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and puree sweet potatoes and coconut oil or butter in a food processor, or mash well with a fork.
- Scoop topping onto meatloaves or fill a plastic zip-top with topping, trim the corner of the bag with a scissors and pipe topping onto meatloaves. Or use a spoon to top.
- Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Nourished Recipes so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 'muffins' with topping
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 600 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 25 g