- ½ cup dry quinoa , rinsed in a fine-mesh colander under cool running water
- ¾ cup water
- 2 medium carrots, cubed into small chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 8 oz. mushrooms, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary, dried (such as Simply Organic)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2–3 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional-omit for dairy-free)
- Greens of choices (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the chopped vegetables and garlic on a baking sheet. Add rosemary, salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and vinegar so that vegetables are evenly coated.
- Place vegetables in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until carrots are tender, tossing halfway through the baking time.
- Meanwhile, combine water and rinsed quinoa in small sauce pan. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork then place in a large serving dish.
- Add roasted vegetables to quinoa and toss to combine OR serve roasted veggies right on top of quinoa.
- Optional: Add a bed of greens such as arugula to a serving bowl, and serve salad over greens.
- Top with almonds and goat cheese. Serve warm or chilled.
To make dairy-free/vegan: Omit the goat cheese
To make paleo/Whole30: Omit the goat cheese and use cauliflower rice
To make nut-free: Top with toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 310
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 4