- 1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs. Flank steak (preferably grass-fed)
- ½ cup Tessemae’s Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette*
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil (may substitute olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place flank steak in a large zip-top bag. Add vinaigrette (or substitute). Seal bag and gently massage steak to coat. Place in refrigerator to marinate up to 24 hours, flipping bag once or twice during the process (if possible).
- When ready to prepare steak, remove from bag from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes while grill preheats.
- Preheat grill to high heat (400-450℉)
- Remove steak from bag and place on a clean plate. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- When grill is hot, remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Place on grill grate over direct heat. Grill 5-6 minutes then flip steak and grill an additional 5-6 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Note: Flank steak is best served medium-rare.
- Remove steak to a clean plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing diagonally across the grain.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 4 oz. Steak + 2 Tbsp. Sauce
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 20g