- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon*
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves*
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger*
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy-free if needed)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Optional cinnamon-sugar coating:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix until all the almond flour lumps are gone and the cinnamon is mixed in well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the eggs, dairy-free milk, avocado oil, pumpkin puree, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture into the dry almond mixture. Using a large spoon, stir until well mixed.
- Using a donut pan (recommend silicone donut pan), evenly fill all donut cavities ¾ of the way full, smooth the tops, and make them even with the back of the spoon or with your finger.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. The donuts will begin to brown at 20 minutes, but they need the full 25-27 minutes to bake. Remove only when fully golden brown and all sides of the donut have pulled away from the pan.
- Set on a cooling rack and let fully cool before attempting to remove from the pan.
- Once the donuts are cool, remove from the donut pan and place them on a serving platter.
For the cinnamon-sugar coating:
- In a low-profile bowl or plate mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Take one donut and lightly mist with water (or dampen one finger and lightly brush along the top of the donut) then place moist side down on the plate of cinnamon-sugar to coat.
- Repeat with all donuts.
*substitute 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground ginger
- Serving Size: 1 donut without coating
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g