- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, deveined with tails on (about 16–20 count per pound)
- 8 oz. uncured, bacon (use a sugar-free brand such as Applegate for Whole30)
- ½ cup The New Primal Mustard BBQ Cooking & Dipping Sauce, divided
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- For dipping (optional): Guacamole, Mayo mixed with Mustard BBQ Sauce + a pinch of garlic powder, or additional Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Preheat broiler to medium-high heat (about 375-400℉).
- Position the top oven rack so that it’s in the upper 1/3 of the oven (about 8 inches from the broiler).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil then spray with oil spray (such as Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray).
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel to remove excess water or dampness. Place in a shallow dish. Add 1/3 cup The New Primal Mustard BBQ Cooking & Dipping Sauce to shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap a slice of bacon around each shrimp and place seam-side down. You may choose to secure the bacon with a toothpick if desired.
- Brush shrimp with remaining mustard BBQ sauce, then sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Place shrimp in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and place under broiler. Broil for 4 minutes, then remove the pan from oven, carefully flip shrimp the return to oven for an additional 4-5 minutes or until bacon and shrimp are both cooked through (being careful not to overcook the shrimp).
- Remove pan from oven, transfer to a plate and serve with mustard-mayo, additional mustard BBQ sauce or guacamole, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 Shrimp
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 306mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 12g