- 1 lb. chicken, cooked, cubed and chilled (leftovers or rotisserie chicken is great for this!)
- 1 ½ cups broccoli slaw (may substitute cabbage)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ medium avocado, diced (optional)
- Romaine or Butter Lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Combine chicken, broccoli slaw, red peppers, almonds and green onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing. Place ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until chicken and vegetable mixture is completely coated.
- Fold in diced avocado, if using (note, this will turn brown after a day so if prepping ahead, add just before serving).
- Serve with lettuce leaves, fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 33g