- 24 oz. (3 cups) plain goat or grass-fed cow milk yogurt^
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Granola (optional, <5 g sugar per ¼ cup)
- In a medium saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Once coconut oil is melted, add apples, water, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to sauce pan.
- Let cook on low for 5-8 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally. Most of the liquid will evaporate.
- Remove from heat when done, stir in dried cranberries and let set for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- To build parfait: Scoop about ¾ cup plain yogurt in a bowl or glass. Top with about 1/4th of the apples. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and optional granola.
^May substitute coconut cream or coconut yogurt for Dairy-free.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g