- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup (3 scoops) Rootz Protein Powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter (may sub peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (or chopped peanuts if using peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Optional add-in: 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- With hands, form into small round balls. About 24.
- Chill in the fridge or in the freezer. They hold together better and taste best chilled.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. (Side note: I like them best right from the freezer with just a little thaw time)
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians.
- Serving Size: 2 Protein Balls
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 40 mh
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 11 g