- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (substitute nut or seed butter for peanut-free version)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (may sub honey)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 organic whole eggs (or flax egg for vegan-friendly*)
- Optional add ins: walnuts, pecans, almond, chia seed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or dried fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine all of the ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish and firmly press into pan. Pro tip: for easy removal, line the pan with parchment.
- Top with additional chocolate chips if you wish. Press into the dough.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until center is baked through. Start checking at 12 minutes as all ovens are different.
- Let cool completely before cut into 16 square or 12-14 bars.
*Flax egg: 2 Tbsp. flax meal + 5 Tbsp. water. Let set for 5-10 minutes.
**For a boost of protein, add 1/2 cup of your favorite protein powder and reduce oats by a 1/2 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g