- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use verified gluten-free, if needed)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (substitute nut or seed butter for a peanut-free version)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (you can substitute honey)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 organic whole eggs (or use flax egg for vegan-friendly*)
- Optional add ins: walnuts, pecans, almond, chia seed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish, firmly pressing mixture into pan in an even layer. Pro tip: for easy removal, line the pan with parchment. If desired, sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top, pressing them into the mixture.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until center is baked through. Start checking at 12 minutes as all ovens are different.
- Let cool completely before cut into 16 squares or 12-14 bars.
*Flax egg: To make enough to replace the 2 eggs in this recipe, mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (or flaxseed meal) with 5 tablespoons water. Let set for 5-10 minutes before adding to recipe.
**For a boost of protein, add 1/2 cup of your unflavored, vanilla, or chocolate protein powder and reduce oats by a 1/2 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g