- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs of choice, such as thyme, rosemary, tarragon and/or sage (may substitute 2 tsp. dried herbs)
- ½ – 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken (breasts or thighs)*
*If using chicken legs, use 1½ pounds
- Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag or another freezer-safe container (if you plan to freeze it).
- In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour over the chicken, close bag and gently massage to coat chicken pieces evenly.