- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ – 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of black or red pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. chicken (breasts or thighs)*
*If using chicken legs, use 1½ pounds
- Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag or another freezer-safe container (if you plan to freeze it).
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until well combined.*
- Pour marinade over the chicken, close bag and gently massage to coat chicken pieces evenly.
*No food processor or don’t want to dirty it? You can mince the basil and garlic finely with a knife instead.