Zucchini Turkey Meatballs: A quick and simple dinner recipe for you!
If you have a garden or you’re part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), you most likely are looking for new ways use up your zucchini. I know I am! These Whole30 friendly Zucchini Turkey Meatballs are fast-and-easy to make, made with just 6 ingredients, delicious and freezer-friendly. I recommend you double the recipe so that you’ll have yourself a quick and easy meal stocked away for the future.Got Zucchini? Try our @Whole30 friendly Zucchini Turkey Meatballs! #freezerfriendly Click To Tweet
This recipe is AIP friendly, too!
If you follow the autoimmune protocol, this recipe can easily be made for you by omitting the crushed red pepper, black pepper and skipping the marinara sauce. They taste delicious on their own, too!
Adding shredded zucchini to these meatballs is an easy way to sneak in veggies, especially with picky eaters (my husband, Shane, included). You could also add shredded carrots or spinach to this recipe and sneak in even more veggies…they’ll never know. These meatballs are tasty as is but you can also toss them with your favorite marinara sauce, serve over spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles and top with a little parmesan cheese (not Whole30). So good!
Add this recipe to your weekend meal prep!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (omit for AIP)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands.
- Form into 12 golf ball-sized meatballs and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and insides are no longer pink.
Comment below to share with us your favorite way to cook or bake with zucchini. We’d love to hear!
Pin now to make later!