Strawberry Spinach Salad is made with Spring veggies, strawberries, avocado, sliced almonds and creamy goat cheese.
A simple yet flavorful salad that can be made and on the table in just 15 minutes! But wait…..there’s more!
This recipe is the third recipe of the 30-Minute Meal Series swap with Lindsey, from Nourish Move Love. So get excited because she’s created her own delicious sandwich masterpiece using some of the very same ingredients that you see in this salad. You’re gonna love it!
And I must mention, Lindsey and I are about to launch our Nourished 7-day Refresh program complete with a nutrition and workout plan! We’ve spent many coffee dates and brainstorming sessions (usually while running) dreaming up and creating this program and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you all very soon!
Simple, in-season ingredients make this Strawberry Spinach Salad a must!
With just a few ingredients for this salad and a simple 4-ingredient vinaigrette, you can whip it up in no time. Can’t beat simplicity, right? Because that means more time outside enjoying the Spring weather. Yes, please! I personally find nature to be so nourishing for my mind and soul which is why I love the season of Spring with new growth, opening of farmers markets, and happy birds chirping (I’ve started my collection of bird feeders…bird lady in the making so stay tuned for bird watching blogs–kidding!) But really, nature truly makes me feel more grounded and connected with myself. Plus, you really can’t beat the benefits of ‘earthing‘! 🙂
Okay, I digress, nature is awesome……but so is this salad.
Strawberry Spinach Salad makes a balanced and satisfying meal!
This is one of my go-to salads this time of year. And yes, salads can be very balanced and satisfying as long as you add a healthy source of fats and quality protein. Strawberry Spinach Salad fits the bill because it’s complete with healthy fats from the avocado, olive oil, and almonds; quality protein from the sliced chicken or turkey and creamy delicious goat cheese; and energizing carbs from the fresh strawberries and veggies. No more blah and boring lunches to be had! This one will make your taste buds sing (just like the birds)! And if salads aren’t your ‘thing’, I mandate you to give this one a try before you confirm that claim. Tough love, my friend. Eat.the.salad!
Looking for a recipe to take to a Spring or Summer gathering? Bring this one. It’ll be a hit!
The combination of ingredients in this recipe are so fresh and flavorful. And the simple Strawberry Champagne Vinaigrette may just be your new favorite salad dressing. I like to make a double batch and store the leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge, for up to a week. Much tastier and healthier than any store-purchased dressing!
Save this recipe for later! Pin it now.
You can’t beat the beautifulness of this Strawberry Spinach Salad, both inside and out!
What I mean by that, is that it’s not only pretty to look at but it’s tasty too and even more so, it’s packed with nutrients. This salad has some true powerhouse ingredients!
- Spinach* – where do I begin! In short, spinach is an extremely nutrient rich food. It’s an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, and vitamin C. It’s rich in antioxidants, contains anti-inflammatory properties and promotes healthy, strong bones. Popeye wasn’t joking!
- Strawberries* – an excellent source of vitamin C and abundant in antioxidants and several phytonutrients making this a picture perfect anti-inflammatory food.
- Avocado – another standout fruit that’s high in monounsaturated heart healthy fats, fiber, vitamin B5, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin E, potassium, and vitamin C. The healthy fats found in avocado aid in the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E & K. So do your salad and your health a favor and add some avocado!
*Spinach and Strawberries are both included on the dirty dozen list, so they are best purchased organically, at your local farmers market or grown in your backyard.
Real food for the win!
As I said in the beginning of this post, Lindsey from Nourish Move Love is about to blow you away with her sandwich creation using several of the same ingredients you see in the Strawberry Spinach Salad! So if you’re looking for something a bit heartier or just want a fricken’ sandwich, head on over to Lindsey’s blog to get her delicious recipe. And while you’re over there – do one of her killer workouts too!
Lindsey’s Strawberry Spinach Sandwich Recipe
I think it’s time to give this super simple Strawberry Spinach Salad (or sandwich) a try! Be ready for a mouth full of absolute deliciousness and a new go-to salad (or sandwich)!
- 4 medium strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. honey (optional – omit for Whole30)
- dash of sea salt & black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 6 medium strawberries, sliced
- 4 green onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (omit for Whole30 or dairy-free)
- 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 12 oz. cooked chicken or turkey, sliced (optional)
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- In a blender or small food processor, combine vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients. This can also be done by dividing ingredients on 4 individual plates.
- Gently toss salad with vinaigrette just before serving. You may not need to add all of the vinaigrette. Feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like or serve on the side.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Nourished Recipes so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (without honey, with chicken and goat cheese)
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g
I want to hear! Do you prefer salads or sandwiches?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.