Tis’ the season for pumpkin everything!
Today we’re sharing with you the runner-up recipe from the contest that we had on our Facebook Page. This is our version of a pumpkin pie smoothie. It’s creamy, cool, includes all macro nutrients (proteins, fats, and carbs) and it’s delicious.
One time saving tip is to make 2 servings and store the second serving in a mason jar to enjoy the next day. Or if you know your mornings always seem rushed, you could make the smoothie the night before and place in the fridge so that it’s ready for you the next day. For an added nutrient boost, always add a handful of greens and 1-2 tbsp. of Vital Protein Collagen Peptides.
Quick thoughts on protein powder.
We know protein powder isn’t necessarily ‘real food’ however we feel that if the quality of the protein powder is up to par, then you’ll find us using it too. Now there are several kinds of protein powders available (blog post coming soon on this topic) but a few of our go-to brands include, Sun Warrior and Perfect Fit protein for Vegan protein powders and Isagenix Isa Pro for a Whey Protein option. We look for powders that have no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners, non-gmo, no soy, and if it’s whey protein powder we recommend that it comes from organic, grass-fed cows.
Now let’s get to the delicious recipe!
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. almond butter* (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond*, coconut milk or water
- ½ cup plain, full-fat yogurt^ or canned coconut milk (or additional unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (may substitute a pinch of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 scoops unflavored or vanilla vegan protein powder of choice (Sun Warrior Vanilla)
- 1 cup ice
- handful of spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the container of your blender. Place the lid on top and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
*use coconut milk and sunflower seed butter for nut-free.
We hope that you love this recipe! Comment below and let us know if you give it a try.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.