Paleo Granola – a tried and true recipe that’s soon to become your new breakfast and snacking favorite!
Today, I’m (Stacie) sharing a recipe for my favorite grain-free paleo granola recipe, one that probably won’t last long once it comes out of the oven (because it’s quite tasty) — so you might as well go ahead and double the batch. Both, Jessica and I, make this paleo granola often and I’m confident that you’ll love it too. This Paleo Granola goes way back to the very beginning of my recipe creations when at the time posted my recipes only on my Facebook page. Oh how times have changed! I first introduced it in one of my cooking classes and it was a definite hit! It’s crazy good. The honey in this recipe provides just the right amount of sweetness and the nuts and seeds add a perfect crunch. This granola is paleo-friendly, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, freezer-friendly, free of refined sugars and vegetarian. For all of my vegan friends who choose to avoid honey, you can use grade B maple syrup instead.
Feel free to substitute your favorite nuts and seeds!
No need to make a special trip the grocery store. As always, we like to keep it simple and easy for you! Use whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand and you’ll be good to go! If you make this recipe, comment below and let us know what nuts and seeds you used.
5-ways to enjoy this granola!
- As is. So good! Just be sure to portion it out. About 1/4 cup.
- Sprinkle on top of your favorite yogurt. Read all about our favorite yogurt brands here.
- Sprinkle on top of chia pudding for a paleo-friendly breakfast, snack or dessert. Here are two Chia Pudding Recipes from fellow bloggers: Vanilla Coconut Chia Pudding & Blackberry Almond Chia Pudding
- Sprinkle on top of your favorite salad. Sounds a little odd but just try it! You’ll be surprised!
- Give as a gift for someone else to enjoy!
Ingredient shout out: Pumpkin Seeds, a nutrient powerhouse.
- Very good source of magnesium, manganese, copper & zinc.
- Magnesium, promotes healthy blood pressure & heart as well as proper digestion.
- Zinc enhances immunity.
- Plant-based source of omega-3’s healthy fats and protein.
- Rich source of tryptophan which is helpful for obtaining restful sleep.
- Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Read additional benefits of pumpkin seeds here.
This recipes is simple, quick to make and is made up of only 10-ingredients! Give it a try.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (such as Nutiva)
- ⅓ cup organic honey* (such as Honey Tree's)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or cherries (such as Eden Organics)
- Preheat oven to 275 °F.
- In a food processor or blender, add almonds, cashews, and coconut flakes to chop into small pieces. Do not over blend.
- Heat coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and salt over medium high heat in a large saucepan, for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then add seeds, nuts and coconut flakes and stir to coat.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and add dried cranberries, may need to press into granola mixture.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened. Break apart granola. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Simply Nourished Recipes so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
What are your favorite granola add-in’s? We’d love to hear–comment below!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.