Claim your MVP card with this game-changing One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables! A Whole30-friendly recipe for all to enjoy.
This one-pan wonder of a dish is a game changer – so much so you may need a trophy for a table decoration. Tender, succulent chicken thighs are baked atop a bed of baby red potatoes, rainbow carrots, red onion and green beans. Add a little thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and you have the most mouth-watering, one-pan meal in just under an hour. Only 15 minutes of that requires you to actually be in the kitchen doing something. The rest is cooking time. Beautiful!
Weekdays, weekends, whenever.
One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is a dinner winner for both busy weeknights or slower weekends. To really speed things up, you can pre-cut the vegetables and store them in a covered container in the fridge until you’re ready to toss them on the pan with a little olive oil and herbs. Then all you need to do is add the chicken thighs, sprinkle with salt and pepper and into the pre-heated oven it goes for 35 minutes.
We used bone-in, skin-on thighs here, but you can easily substitute with chicken legs or boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Easy to make, even easier to clean up – and leftovers rock!
Because you combine and bake everything in one pan on parchment paper, clean up is a breeze. So easy even your kids can do it. Just peel off the paper and toss. Easy peasy! And let’s not underestimate the value of tasty leftovers. Heck, sometimes they taste even better!
The rest of the dishes? We bet those will be licked clean… so clean up should be pretty easy there too.Claim your MVP card with this game-changing One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables! Click To Tweet
Do you love one-pan, one-dish recipes like we do? If so, we have you covered with several recipes that fit the bill. Click here for all of our one-dish recipes.
- 1½-2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (May substitute 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 12 oz. whole carrots (~6-8 medium), cut into carrot sticks
- 12 oz. green beans (~2 large handfuls), washed and trimmed
- 12 oz. baby red potatoes, halved or quartered (may sub cubed sweet potatoes)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or ¾ tsp. dried)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil* (Use 1 Tbsp. oil if using boneless/skinless chicken thighs)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a large rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss prepped and chopped vegetables and herbs with oil right on the baking sheet.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- Season all with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Toss and turn vegetables once or twice during cooking.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 26g
What’s your favorite one-dish meal? Let’s talk easy meals in the comments below – we love to hear what you’re cooking (or would like to see more of around here)!
Photo Credit: The photos in this blog post were taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.