This one-pan wonder of a dish is a game changer. Tender, succulent chicken thighs are baked atop a bed of baby red potatoes, rainbow carrots, red onion and green beans. Add a little thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and you have the most mouth-watering one-pan meal in just under an hour. Only 15 minutes of that requires you to actually be in the kitchen doing something. The rest is cooking time. Beautiful!
Weekdays, weekends, whenever.
One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is perfect for both busy weeknights or slower weekends. To really speed things up you can precut the vegetables and store them in a covered container in the fridge until you’re ready to toss them on the pan with a little olive oil and herbs. Then add the chicken thighs, sprinkle with salt and pepper and into the pre-heated oven it goes for 35 minutes.
We used bone-in, skin-on thighs here but you can easily substitute with chicken leg or boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Easy to make and even easier to clean up.
Because you combine and bake everything in one pan on parchment paper, clean up is a breeze. So easy even your kids can do it. Just peel off the paper and toss. Easy peasy!
The rest of the dishes? We bet those will be licked clean… so clean up should be pretty easy there too.
- 1 ½ lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (May substitute 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 12 oz. whole carrots (~6-8 medium), cut into carrot sticks
- 12 oz. green beans (~2 large handfuls), washed and trimmed
- 12 oz. baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or ¾ tsp. dried)
- 2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil* (Use only ½ Tbsp. oil if using skin-on chicken thighs or legs)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss prepped and chopped vegetables and herbs with oil right on the baking sheet.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- Season all with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Toss and turn vegetables once or twice during cooking.
Read more here: http://simplynourishedrecipes.com/one-pan-roasted-chicken-and-vegetables