What’s summer without a creamy potato salad?
We’re going a bit non-traditional here with this Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad.
While I love my Grandma’s traditional potato salad recipe (the.best.ever) and it’s one I can’t go a summer without, I wanted to change things up a bit and try something new. My love for sweet potatoes inspired this recipe to be born. And I may have snuck in a little curry powder in the dressing because…..CURRY! One of my most favorite flavors.
The combination of ingredients in this Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad creates a bursting with flavor experience. It has a nice balance of sweet and savory with a little sweet from the sweet potatoes blended with a little savory from the bacon. And the the dressing is out-of-this world delicious. It’s made up of a blend of mayo, mustard and vinegar with the addition of curry powder and garlic powder. It’s pretty amazing and one you’ll love!
Because bacon makes everything better.
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad is studded with little pieces of smokey and salty uncured bacon. It adds just the right amount of savoriness to this recipe without being too overpowering. I love the nice little surprise of bacon you get with random bites of this salad. However, if bacon isn’t your thing (i’m sorry), feel free to omit.
Take this salad to your next summer gathering!
This is a must try and share recipe. Whether it’s a dinner night with friends & family or a summer gathering or picnic, it will make a delicious highlight to any meal and will likely be a new favorite and go-to recipe. Get ready to be sending your friends here to www.therealfoodrds.com for this recipe!
Are you ready to give this Cauliflower Sweet Potato Recipe a try? I’m tellin’ ya, it’s going to be a new favorite!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cubed (~2 cups raw)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium head of cauliflower, finely chopped (~1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 slices uncured bacon, cooked and chopped (Whole30-Friendly - Pederson Natural Farms or Omit
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel and cube sweet potato then toss with olive oil.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or cooked through and golden. Allow to cool before adding to salad.
- Meanwhile, combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to the salad ingredients along with the sweet potatoes and toss together until evenly coated.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Top with green onions and optional toasted almonds before serving.
Everyone has that person in their life that makes the most kick-ass Potato salad – who do you know that makes the best Potato Salad ever?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.