You can’t go wrong with the flavor profile of this dish! Balsamic, garlic, goat cheese in our Balsamic Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Salad…..yum!
Quinoa is one of our favorite grains because it can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. This savory salad is a perfect side-dish for a weeknight dinner and it could also make for a beautiful, healthy and tasty addition to any holiday menu. It pairs so nicely with chicken, pork, turkey or fish and the leftovers can be enjoyed warm or cold. Add chopped chicken to it and you’ve got yourself a complete meal. We love leftovers!
Now let’s get to the delicious recipe!
- ½ cup dry quinoa , rinsed in a fine-mesh colander under cool running water
- ¾ cup water
- 2 medium carrots, cubed into small chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 6 oz. mushrooms, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. rosemary, dried
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)*
- 2-3 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional)^
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chopped vegetables and garlic on a baking sheet. Add rosemary, salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and vinegar so that vegetables are evenly coated.
- Place vegetables in oven and bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through the baking time.
- Meanwhile, combine water and rinsed quinoa in small sauce pan. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork then place in a large serving dish.
- Add roasted vegetables to quinoa and toss to combine.
- Top with optional almonds and goat cheese. Serve warm or chilled.
^Omit for dairy-free and vegan option