This post is sponsored by our friends at Beanitos.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free, these Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders will surely be a hit for your entire family.
These oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders make a delicious game-day appetizer especially when dipped in Buffalo ranch, a tasty addition to a lunchtime salad or the perfect kid-friendly dinner.
No matter what age you are, this recipe is for you and you may even have a little fun making them. In fact, it may bring back the “Shake N’ Bake” days. Yeah, you know what we’re talking about. Those seasoning packets that you’d shake in a plastic bag with chicken or pork chops. Those packets of seasoning came little rectangular boxes with a long list of ingredients including partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup – so obviously we weren’t going to go there.
BUT rest assured, because while Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders are prepared in a similarly fun fashion as “Shake N’ Bake”, our recipe is made with ONLY wholesome and clean ingredients. Ingredients you can pronounce…..because that’s how we roll, folks.
We give Beanitos Restaurant Style White Bean Chips much of the credit for the crispness of these chicken tenders.
The secret to the crispy coating without frying? It’s Beanitos!
We’re still in awe at how crispy the chicken tenders turned out even with being an egg-free recipe and not fried – but baked! Winning all around!
Let’s give Beanitos a little LOVE since they’re the one’s who made this recipe possible!
Recently, we had the pleasure to try Beanitos. Not just one flavor but all eleven! You can about imagine the size of the box that showed up at our door steps!? Chip heaven! And guess what, there wasn’t one single flavor we didn’t like. They’re all good and have nice crunch to them, not oily and perfectly salted! If you’d like to try for yourself, here‘s a variety pack.
Product used in Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders Recipe: Restaurant Style White Bean Chips.
Beanitos are a bean-based chip made from white beans, black beans, and/or pinto beans. They’re free of gluten, sugar, soy, corn, MSG, artificial flavors/colors, and GMOs. Each tasty serving contains 5 grams of fiber (Except the Mac N Cheese Crunch) and 5 grams of complete protein. Nice! All chips are vegetarian and a handful of the flavors are vegan-friendly. To learn more about Beanitos and drool over all of the different flavors, you can head on over to their website. And if you’re already enjoy Beanitos, we’d love to hear which flavor/s you’ve tried – share in the comments below!
Here is Piper’s (Jessica’s daughters) favorite flavor! A nice snack after a long day of outdoor play.
Back to the recipe: A few tips on coating the chicken for optimal crispness!
Like we mentioned above, this recipe is made “Shake N’ Bake” style. You crush up the chips, add the seasonings, toss everything into a zip-top bag, turn on some tunes and shake away! A perfect recipe to get your kids involved.
And here’s a quick tip to get the coating to really stick. While everything is still in the bag and you’ve done your shaking, firmly press any loose coating onto the chicken. Then when you transfer the coated chicken strips to the baking sheet, any of the leftover coating remaining in the bag, press onto the strips of chicken. Don’t miss a crumb 😉 More coating = more crispy!
We can’t forget about the Buffalo Ranch!
We’ve got the perfect dip for Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders. One that will quickly turn this kid-friendly recipe into hardcore “Dude Food”! You know, the food your hubby and guy friends will rave about and never forget. In other words, double the recipe. While the Buffalo Ranch is completely optional, we highly recommend it. It’s made with our Homemade Ranch and Franks Hot Sauce. That’s it! But if you know your kids aren’t going to go for the hot sauce, no sweat! Just set aside a little for them before mixing in the hot sauce. Then everyone is happy.
We want you to give these Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders (with Buffalo Ranch, if you choose) a try and report back in the comments below! #vivalabean
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenders
- 1½ Tbsp. avocado oil
- 6 oz. bag of Beanitos Restaurant-Style White Bean Chips, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¾ cup ranch dressing (Homemade Paleo Ranch recipe here - for egg-free ranch use Just Mayo)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Franks hot sauce
- Parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Split chicken breast or flatten between two sheets of plastic wrap with a mallet, slice into about 1 inch strips.
- With hands or in a food processor crush the tortilla chips, finely crushed with some larger pieces remaining.
- In a bowl combine the crushed tortilla chips, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- In a zip-top bag, add the chicken and avocado oil. Toss to coat chicken.
- Next, add the crushed tortilla chip mixture to the bag, seal it, shake and press crumbs firmly to coat and stick to chicken.
- Take the coated strips of chicken out of the bag and place on the sheet pan.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes or until coating is turning lightly brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken strips are baking, combine the ranch and Frank’s hot sauce in a small bowl and mix.
- Garnish chicken tenders with parsley, serve hot with Buffalo ranch dip.
Pin it now & Make it later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Beanitos. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we works with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.