Want an easy, satisfying and slightly exotic lunch?
No need for takeout because this Asian Chicken Salad delivers.
Lunch doesn’t have to be complicated.
But it does have to be nourishing and substantial enough to keep you going all. afternoon. long. And these Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps are just that. They come together quickly with precooked chicken (leftovers for the win!), bagged broccoli slaw and an 8-ingredient dressing that’s so good that you won’t be able to resist licking the spoon.
We love this sauce with almond butter but if you need a nut-free option or just want to change things up, tahini or sunflower seed butter (without added sugar) is equally amazing. We love options. Life is just to short to not enjoy all the options.
Lettuce change your mind about lunch being boring.
Lunch, whether it’s at home, on-the-road or in an office cubicle shouldn’t be a drag. A bright, flavorful lunch filled with crunch and exotic flavors is just what you need to break up the day and put a little wind in your sails for the afternoon ahead.
There isn’t a dull bite to be found in these wraps with their tender bits of chicken, crunchy vegetables and ginger and orange-spiked dressing. We love scooping this salad into tender leaves of butter lettuce, serving it up over a bed of greens or when in a pinch, dishing it up with thick slices of cucumber or jicama.
Slow down, enjoy and make it count.
We know you’re busy. And we how hard it can be some days to slow down and eat so we’re going to take this time to wag our dietitian fingers and say “Slow down and eat mindfully”. Not only will your digestion benefit from the extra chewing and attention paid to your food but you’ll also be less likely to overeat, or eat mindlessly, later in the day. When you rush through a meal you’re less likely to remember having actually eaten so do yourself a favor and savor the moment (and this incredibly delicious Asian chicken salad you’ve made for yourself).
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked, cubed and chilled (leftovers or rotisserie chicken is great for this!)
- 1 ½ cups broccoli slaw (may substitute cabbage)
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ medium avocado, diced
- Leafy Romaine Lettuce or Butter Lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Combine chicken, broccoli slaw, red peppers, almonds and green onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing. Place ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until chicken and vegetable mixture is completely coated.
- Fold in diced avocado.
- To make lettuce wrap—scoop chicken salad into each lettuce leaf.
- Top each lettuce wrap with cilantro.
- Serve with a lime wedge, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 33g
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.