Breakfast. Snack. Dessert!
Whether you’re looking for a simple breakfast or snack, or even a decadent yet light dessert, we’ve got you covered! You’ll love our Apple Pie Parfait recipe. It’s quick to make, uses simple ingredients (that’s how we roll), contains a good source of protein and fiber, is appealing to the eye and of course, tasty too!
Plain yogurt is where it’s at.
If you’re new to eating plain yogurt or you’ve tried plain yogurt in the past and it resulted in the sour milk face, trust us on this one! The Apple Pie topping will take your plain yogurt to another level as it will add the perfect amount of sweetness. Seriously, there is no need to add anymore sweetness with a flavored (more than likely, sugar-loaded or artificially sweetened) yogurt. We may just have the golden-ticket in converting you to choose plain yogurt, with this recipe.
Did you know some yogurts have more than 30 grams (7.5 tsp.) of sugar per serving?!
Read all about how to choose a good quality, healthy yogurt and what our favorite brands are in our blog post called “Yogurt buying tips and brands we love.”
What’s the dairy-free option?
If dairy doesn’t agree with you or you have an allergy to dairy, no sweat. You can still enjoy this deliciousness in a parfait fashion by serving it on top of canned coconut cream or your favorite dairy-free yogurt such as coconut yogurt.
Now to the Apple Pie Parfait recipe!
- 24 oz. (3 cups) plain goat or grass-fed cow milk yogurt^
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Granola (optional, <5 g sugar per ¼ cup)
- In a medium saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Once coconut oil is melted, add apples, water, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to sauce pan.
- Let cook on low for 5-8 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally. Most of the liquid will evaporate.
- Remove from heat when done, stir in dried cranberries and let set for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- To build parfait: Scoop about ¾ cup plain yogurt in a bowl or glass. Top with about ¼th of the apples. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and optional granola.
Pin this recipe!